Sunday, October 12, 2014

Fall Break

While most of the student body probably went home and met up with old friends, I spent my time I. Cincinnati busting family and an exciting trip to Kings Islands. My life is pretty hectic right now with school, football, and family issues but who's isn't right? I used this little break as a getaway somewhat, o skip town and just escape. Sometimes in life we need that little reset button to just get back energized and regather ourselves and that is definitely what I used this fall break as.
Kings Island gave me the opportunity to just be a kid again. Just enjoy the day and the moment. After having a horrible loss against Mount Union the fastest thing I needed to do was just leave and clear my head. It's funny though that I possibly couldn't have chosen a better day to go. Weather wasn't to cold or windy with just a little bit of sunshine peeping through the clouds. It's late in the season as well and it was a Sunday. The lines had a maximum of 15 minutes so you could really enjoy the day and not waste half of it just waiting in lines. This was the first time that my girlfriend and I had been here so we were really looking forward to a day of excitement.

Everyone knows that if you come here it is a must that you "conquer the beast". The Beast so happened to be our favorite ride at the park. Although the roller coaster was a wooden coaster it was not scarce of speed. The high speed turns and airlifts really had our adrenaline pumping. We had to ride it at least 5 times. At a certain point during the ride you can just glare out in the distance and take awe of the beauty in nature with the pretty colors the tree leaves have and just admire nature, then all of a sudden you realize you are still battling The Beast and the ride is not over with. The new ride Banshee I must say will not disappoint and if you go anytime in the near future it'll be waiting for you. It's almost as if Banshee is challenging you because it faces you soon as you enter and is the first ride you see entering the park.

Taking pictures is always something we do together and every trip we take its a must. Taking pictures in front of Charley Brown, the Eiffel Tower and while actually on rides( I advise you not to do) is just   Another part of the day and enjoying the moment. I really needed this little escape to almost restart myself and I'm excited to get back to Ada more motivated than before.

Anyone who has visited Kings Islands before what is your favorite ride? What are your favorite things to do when visiting a theme park with friends and family?

3 comments:

  1. Melvin, my hometown is only 20 minutes away from Kings Island, so I spent a decent amount of time there when I was younger. I have to be honest, I haven't been in years. I would love to go back and see how much has changed since the last time I was there. I'm glad you enjoyed your Fall Break and I hope you're ready to get back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had some time to reset! We took the kids to Kings Island this summer and waited over an hour in some of those roller coaster lines. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could enjoy things like this. I've never been able to ride roller coasters because I've always had really bad motion sickness. Even riding in cars can sometimes give me bad headache. It can be annoying, but I'm kind of used to it by now. It's good you were able to enjoy your break though. I think the point of fall break is to be able to relax for a few days after the first month and a half or so of school, in any way you can. So to answer your question, I don't have favorite ride, and I rarely visit theme parks with my family.

    ReplyDelete