Monday, October 6, 2014

Homecoming 2014

When you think of Homecoming you usually think of the big parties, alumni coming back in town, and the football game of course. Yes, all these did happen this weekend, but the most memorable is the fact my father, step mother, and my former roommate and his girlfriend flew from Florida to come see me this weekend. With them coming back I did want o have a huge game and do well to make them proud. Unfortunately that didn't happen. I possibly had the second worst game I have ever had. I made some crucial mistakes and I was beat in the back of the end-zone for John Carrol to win the game. Yes this is devastating and heart breaking. Even though I didn't play to well, the ones that mean the most to me, my family were there to bring my spirits back up.

Spending time with family and friends you truly love I cherish, because unlike most people that attend this university I rarely see my family. I may see them a total of two or three times a year for not long spans of time since I am from Florida. Before the game we spent time at the parade taking pictures and just watching everyone freeze on Main Street. Of course my parents were shaking and unprepared for the freezing temperatures. I ended up having to lend them a few of my coats and gloves to help them out. After the game we all went to dinner and just really bonded having deep conversations. Those don't happen much and when you get a chance to engage in them make sure you do. I love and appreciate the fact that my father is always there to support me and help me along my journey. Even though my mother and father are not together I always feel loved.

The moment which really touched my heart is when my father and step mother told my girlfriend and myself they were proud of us. When a child hears he is doing well and pretty much gets the approval from his father, he knows he must be doing something correct. Every child in the end just wants to make their parents happy and proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment