Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Emoji DIversity

In time the emoji will soon have more diversity. Big news to all those tech savvy emoji users.
 Soon there will be emojis that show a more cultural diversity, which we are now seeing come across. Instead of the yellow familiar emoji there will now be five new skin completions of the emoji ranging from a pale skinned emoji to a darer brown skinned emoji. The launch will happen in June 2015. I feel as though this new emoji racial diversity will work with our cultural diverse world. Of course like everything it takes time for things to change and with technology the culture goes hand in hand and finally since 1999 when emoji was brought to life it will come another change.

2 comments:

  1. Melvin, I am so glad you shared this. I had not yet heard about the new emojis but I feel this is incredibly necessary. Our world is ever changing and there are so many diverse cultures under one blue sky. I am not surprised this change did not come sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a good thing. The goal obviously is to be more diverse from a race standpoint, which many people are probably in favor of, especially if they were not represented by past emojis. Regardless, this doesn't affect me at all though, because I don't have a smart phone... Hallelujah.

    ReplyDelete