Sunday, September 14, 2014

True Support

The tough times we go through in life molds us into who we become. We tend to overlook the situation and take the good with the bad, everything in life has a balance. These past few weeks have been very tough for myself. I found out an aunt back home had a stroke. This week my uncle, my movers brother, had a stroke which left him paralyzed on half of his body. He was found alone 21 hours after having the stroke and had to be air lifted to a hospital an hour away in Huntington , WV. My mother after hearing the news was stressed out and rushed to the emergency room, which she later found out she had a fibroid in her uterus which needs surgery to be removed.

All this going on is stressful for a 21 year old college kid just trying to figure life out. Through all of his and being here in Ada, pretty much alone it was only one person I could lean to for strength and support, my girlfriend. She really helped me cope with the situations at hand and even went to West Virginia with me this weekend to visit my uncle. Even though it was tough for him to communicate we found a way to enjoy the time spent watching football making him giggle and laugh. Going there really made my mom's stress and anxiety go down a bit knowing that I would let her know how her brother was doing.

Family is a major part in my life and I am a big family man. It means the world to me and family will always be there for support. I'm blessed to have my loving girlfriend help me along the way of these tough times I'm experiencing and knowing that through everything she will always be there to support me and help me whenever it is needed. I appreciate everything she has helped me do these past few weeks and this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment